This week has been interesting. One church moves me on in the interview process and another turns me down. There really isnt any reasoning, simply that they are pursuing other candidates. I have then received two generic letters of rejection, one I had sent information to, the other I probably was matched up with over the computer database. Where I talked about rejections being a way for God to close doors, I still bang my head against those closed doors. I still get frustrated with both the process and God. Why can't a call come so much more clearly? Did Isaiah or Jeremiah receive confusing messages before God actually called them to be the prophets they became to be? Or, did God simply communicate much more audibly to those who did not have technology to distract them, were young and actually listening, or what? Its hard to know. Its hard to listen. Its even harder to trust.
A few weeks ago the church I am doing my student pastor at talked about delayed answers to prayer. In the delay, where we think God is simply saying no or not answering our prayer, God is actually preparing the answer. Just as Job acknowledged the need for a mediator, that mediator would not come until much later on when the time and place where exactly right. Just like he pray for Jesus to return, the series of events is being set into place for the time and place to come for Jesus' return. Just like I pray for a placement, God is in the background preparing the congregation for Kadra and I. We have no idea what that will look like, and believe me when I say it could look like about a thousand different options. None of which do we really have a feel for. None of which do we see clearly. And I have no idea where God is calling us next.
Please pray for our discernment and God's preparation. And pray that the answer will come quickly. It seems like my sleep and body are taking a certain toll during this preparation process. And so it goes. So we wait. Jesus, come quickly. Holy Spirit speak. And God send.
No comments:
Post a Comment